Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My name is Oscar Perez and i speak , read, and write the English Language. Im also fluent in spanish.
 Growing up i wasn't spoken too inn spanish but often heard my family talk to one another in this language. 
So hearing it a lot , i picked up on what most the words meant. When speaking spanish i tend to miss words 
in my sentences when i speak , so no one quite understands me for the most part. The simple "Como tu se llama"
i got down packed. English is the language  i speak 24/7. Whether it be at home , school , or out with family. I 
will never cheat on English with any other language.When speaking with friends i tend to use ibonics.
Slang i guess is also another name for it. The similarities between how i speak with my friends differ from when 
i speak to someone i'm not familiar with. It comes upon the situation on wether my language with that person will 
be bionics , spanish , or American english.
Growing up in Brooklyn , New York , is where i learned the language ibonics . Being in the  United States 
military is where i learned how to better my American Englsh. Traveling the world, i witnessed a lot of unique lang-
uages. The military has influenced me a lot , being that everyone is so diverse. Ibonics had helped me survive in NY 
, believe it or not. Its given me street smart , and the ability to converse with many people. Growing up i learned new 
words from friends in high school , hip hop artist , and many other resources. Ibonics has made my life a hell of a lot 
easier i can say.
Language makes who i cam today. How i speak represents a lot on how i present myself. Language can go 
along way so far as respect. If you can't speak properly , certain individuals will look down on you and simply call
you uneducated. I have a lot of work to be done with American English, but i hope this class can help me learn and 
grow more. Not just on my language , but also on my writing skills. i believe i speak how i write, and it definitely needs
to be improved.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i just wanted to apologize that i havent yet put my assignment up for our group to comment i worked a double yesterday spanding from 5p(yesterday)-11a(this morning) but i promise when i get home i will upload it onto my blog and comment on our group members blog as well. sorry for the delay, i hope it hasnt caused any inconvenience. expect it up late afternoon early evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In all honestly, I enjoyed reading your entry immensely. You made some extremely valid points. I specifically liked how you brought up the reality that "if you can't speak properly , certain individuals will look down on you and simply call you uneducated." I not only agree with the aforementioned statement, but I also tried to relay the same concept in my own entry.

    ReplyDelete